Saturday, September 14, 2013

14Sep13

I'm going to have to start a new blog with just the biking and walking stuff if I keep this up. One big problem with biking is that I don't want to stop. I just keep riding and riding. I couldn't do it this morning though because I have a 10am appointment. One time last Summer I ended up out in the Kent Valley when I was meandering along the Green River. I got a little disoriented, and I had to download a compass app to figure out whether I was going North or South. My brother said 'how the hell could you get your North and South mixed up...you were riding along the river?' I don't know, but I did...
There are a gazillion fishermen out now, with the salmon running. Yesterday, Inday and I let out some oohs and aahs at the same time when we saw 4 or 5 jumps and splashes out of the water by the fish. Sort of like watching the NGC channel.
This was from my ride a little earlier. With the coming of Fall, I can see some riding in the morning dark coming...

I'm trying to get in a little more climbing since the Kitsap Colors ride is coming up on the 29th. The last bit above with the red line was where I chose to come up 99 past the Homeland Security bldg instead of my regular route. And then I got to reward myself with the last little downhill coasting to our house.

No comments:

Post a Comment