Saturday, March 29, 2014

Walking with Old People, and the "Picture Police"

I walked in the Mall (Southcenter) this morning because it was raining hard when I left home. The first time in years, ever since the "picture police" pulled up in their pick up and told me "don't do that". I was out in their parking lot taking a photo of a puddle. Yep, a puddle in their black top parking lot, but with this very nice blue sky and white clouds reflection happening. My kind of photo :) A young guy read me the rules. Nothing to do with 9-11 by the way. I told him I probably have hundreds of photos I took over the previous years INSIDE the mall...everything from bald mannequins to reflections of reflections in display windows. I said look at this...the photo I just took. "That's nice", seeing the sky shot in a puddle. Then I showed him a few shots still on my memory card from the day before...the Green River, with the bridge down by the Tukwila Community Ctr, and a sunrise... "That's beautiful." But I still had to cease and desist. I put my little camera (at that time) in my pocket and resumed my walk. Sigh...

No comments:

Post a Comment