Thursday, March 15, 2012

gauguin again

I really did enjoy the Gauguin show. One of my favorite painters is the Norwegian Edvard Munch, and Gauguin's canvasses remind me of Munch's work. Not very 'painterly' in some ways, but I feel both painters are good examples of Expressionism. The colors underlying colors with Gauguin make me wish I could see a Munch original right now. That's reminds me...a friend and me were sitting in a cafe across the street from the Munch Museum in Oslo, waiting for our bus, and drinking some beers. We saw our bus go by. Oh well. Me being a lightweight drinker, my friend held up his forefinger to order one more beer. The waitress brought two more, so I drank another beer. We missed the next bus also, and my friend ordered another beer. TWO more beers...and on it went. The thumb counts as one and the forefinger in Europe makes two... Oh well...

No comments:

Post a Comment