Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Vise grip

from my brother, John R.(I chose to sign this John R. because I didn't want to write the whole name for some reason, and 'my brother John' sounded like he was a Monk or something)

Vise grip
"I remember Dad taking me to see Uncle Bill G in the home he was in those last days. It was wierd because 1) I'd really never been in a place like that before and 2) Dad was going to be in that state in awhile. Uncle Bill was lying in the bed and looking like he was on his last days for sure. Dad was talking to him, and it looked like he was aware of Dad being there, and maybe he understood him...not sure. Then Dad introduced me to him. I told him it was nice to see him and I told him my one memory of him was his vise like hand shake...he kinda looked up at me...held his hand out, and I shook it...and wow, what a vise! I blurted out 'you're still there huh?' I swear he had a small smile on his face, looking me right in the eye.
Uncle Bill died the next day."

No comments:

Post a Comment